How to “Bee” Part of the Pollinator Pathway
Create a way-station for pollinators!
- plant native pollinator-friendly trees, shrubs, and perennials!
- provide a source of clean water
- leave some dead wood and dirt patches for nesting bees
Rethink your lawn.
- leave the clippings on the grass as fertilizer rather than adding chemicals
- leave the leaves–many pollinators overwinter in leaf matter
- consider the use of slow-release organic fertilizers or none at all
- reduce lawn size by adding native plants
- mow less often
- no need for pesticides! this means a healthy lawn for your children and pets too!