NOTE: This post was last updated on 9/1/2015. Important changes follow:
- At the bottom of the post you will see a link to the Q&A publication originally due on August 28. Please pardon the delay.
- Below, you will find a revised schedule of deliverables. Please review this carefully because the proposal submission date and presentation date has been changed.
- If you called in to notify us of your intent to bid, and did not provide your email address and corporate name instead of emailing us to notify us of your intent to bid, please do so as soon as possible. My (Steve Reynolds) email address is email@example.com. I’ve placed my complete contact information at the bottom of this post.
The Great Swamp Watershed Association (GSWA) is accepting proposals for the redesign and development of the GSWA public Website, located at www.greatswamp.org. The purpose of this RFP is to provide a fair evaluation for all candidates and to provide the candidates with the evaluation criteria against which they will be judged.
The existing GSWA Website was launched in April 2015 and was published as an interim step in moving the site from stand-alone web files managed through Dream Weaver to a more easily managed format based in WordPress. As the mission and need for electronic outreach has grown, GSWA recognizes the opportunity to improve content organization and usability, functionality and integration, and overall graphical appeal. The current site is maintained with a combination of staff and volunteer resources through the GSWA Communications and Membership unit.
All proposals are due no later than September 4, 2015.***
Additional information as of 8/27/2015: many of you responding have asked about our donor management system and API. You can use the following links to read about the WebLink module and download the the API document as follows:
Published Question & Answer Sheet (as of August 31)
***Revised Schedule of RFP deliverables (as of Sep.1; please read carefully):
- Friday, September 4 — Proposals are due to GSWA. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF files are preferred. If your submission file is more than 10MB, please let me (Steve Reynolds) know so we can make alternate arrangements.(original date, 9/2)
- Friday September 11 — Authors of our best proposal will be expected to present to our redesign committee. If you cannot attend in person at our offices, you are responsible for arranging a suitable online presentation. In the latter can, please call me (Steve Reynolds) in advance to let us know how you think this will work. (original date, 9/9)
- Thursday, September 17 — We will select and notify our top vendor.
- September 18 & 21 — We will hold contract negotiations with the selected vendor (originally 9/17-9/18)
Your primary contact for this RFP is–
Director, Communications & Membership
Great Swamp Watershed Association
phone. (973) 538-3500 x21
Street Address: 568 Tempe Wick Road, Morristown, NJ 07960
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 300 New Vernon, NJ 07976