Great Swamp Watershed Association, Morristown, NJ
Education and Outreach Associate
GSWA is a member supported non-profit environmental organization founded in 1981. We are dedicated to protecting and improving the water resources of the Passaic River region from the Great Swamp headwaters to Newark Bay, for present and future generations. Through education, advocacy, science, land preservation and stewardship, in collaboration with partners, we work to instill our communities with an awareness of water’s effect on health and the beauty of the environment, from source to sea.
We seek an outgoing and engaging individual to join our staff as a part-time (20 hours/week) Education and Outreach Associate and play an integral part in protecting and preserving water and land in the Great Swamp and Passaic River watershed.
This position will initiate contacts and build relationships with downstream Passaic schools and communities and provide innovate education and outreach programming based on the organization’s mission. Additionally, this position will conduct land stewardship pursuant to management plans and assist with other organizational tasks as needed.
- BA/BS in environmental education or related field
- 2+ years practical experience in environmental education
- Competency in MS suite and other technology products
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of volunteers, professionals, children and adults, including ability to speak in public and lead programs
- Flexibility to work nights/weekends as necessary
- Excellent written communication skills
- Outgoing and engaging personality
- Comfortable presenting to diverse groups
- Organized and persistent
- Located in Morristown
- Occasional evening and weekend responsibilities
- Must be able to walk/hike for programs
- Must have own car
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as word docx attachment with cover letter. Please include salary history and expectations.