- This event has passed.
Coffee & Tea Tasting
April 18 at 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Great Swamp Watershed Association HQ
Non-member - Free
Member with accompanying non-member - Free
GSWA Member - suggested donation $25
We’ve teamed up with two local companies to bring you some of their most scrumptious coffee and tea from around the world. Black River Roasters has everything from mild to fruity to robust, and Adagio Teas offers airy, savory, and herbal flavors. It’s the perfect opportunity to discover your next favorite morning (or anytime) beverage. We’ll also spike a few, just for fun! Appetizers will be provided to cleanse your palate, and everyone can play along with our fun, pub-style quiz with delightful prizes you won’t want to miss.
Did we mention it’s free?*
Parking info: Attendees will park at Jockey Hollow Park – 586 Tempe Wick Road (just up the hill from GSWA HQ.) We will shuttle you to and from our building.
(Scroll down for a list of the coffees and teas we will sample, and to register for this event)
Black River Roasters is a local artisan coffee-roasting company whose organic coffee beans are roasted on-site, with a goal of providing “the finest cup of coffee in the most environmentally friendly way.”
Adagio Teas, located along the Passaic River, sources all of their products “direct from origin, giving your selections the power to enhance the lives of the artisans who grow our teas and the communities in which they live.”
- Guatemala (Huehuetenango region) – Chocolatey with lemon & tart acidity & sweet with a heavy mouthfeel
- Mexico (Chiapas region) – Toffee, peanut, milk chocolate, lemon & citric acidity
- Colombia (Tolima region) – Caramel, chocolate & cherry notes with a smooth mouthfeel
- Sumatra (Mandheling region) – Robust with notes of baker’s chocolate, cedar & cinnamon
- Honduras Micro Lot (Finca Cual Bicicleta region) – Notes of strawberry jam & watermelon with bright acidity
- Papua New Guinea (Timuza region) – Sweet & clean with notes of caramel, chocolate, apple & lemon flavors
- Matcha – A fine powder made by grinding green tea leaves – the focal point of the Japanese Tea Ceremony (high level of caffeine)
- Yuletide Toddy Tea – Herbal tea mixed with brandy (caffeine-free)
- Ceylon Sonata – Classic black tea from Sri Lanka (high level of caffeine)
- Snowbud – White tea from the Fujian province of China (low-level of caffeine)
- Apricot Green – Combines green tea leaves from China with the delicate flavor of apricots (moderate levels of caffeine)
- Rooibos Almond – Combines savory almond flavor with the bright, sweet taste of Rooibos herbal tea (caffeine-free)
- GSWA Chai** – A bright blend of lemon flavor with just a hint of warming chai (caffeine-free)
- GSWA Blend** – With a base of vanilla flavor and a hint of peppermint, this black and rooibos blend will start your day off right (caffeine-free)
**Created by our very own, Sandra LaVigne, GSWA Director of Water Quality Programs
*Here’s how it works… If you are not a GSWA member, this event is free! If you are a member – bring along a non-member friend as a guest, and it’s free for you too! Members attending alone, we request you consider a $25 donation to help offset costs. Registration required.