Get ready for another GSWA photo challenge! We are looking for your nature/environment-inspired pictures. Here’s how it works:
● Challenge runs 8 weeks (June 8 – July 31)
● 1 themed contest per week – runs Friday to Friday
● $25 e-gift card provided to one winner each week
● Submit 1-3 photos/theme incorporating the “GSWA to Go” logo in the shot. Get as creative as you like when incorporating the logo.
● Submitting photos: Click the submit button below. Files must have your name and week in the title.
● Photo can be a selfie, if so inclined.
● You may either download and print the logo from our event page or draw your own version (which is the Week 1 contest: Best Homemade “GSWA to Go” Logo.)
● Logo can be any size. We recommend that you reinforce your logo with tape or something else to keep it in good shape for the 8-week contest- or you can create a new theme appropriate logo each week if you wish.
● Submitted photos must have been taken during the week of the current theme and include the GSWA logo in the original photo, not added via photoshop or other means.
● Winners will be selected by GSWA staff based on best use of logo, or interpretation of theme or general appeal.
● Winners and a selection of entrants will be posted on social media each week.
● We will announce the current theme and tease only the upcoming theme, one week at a time, on the website/social media.
Remember, weeks 2-8 you will incorporate the “GSWA to Go” logo into your photo(s).
If you haven’t made your own, now is the time to do so. OR, download (click the download button above) and print in order to participate in the remainder of the contest.
Theme: Hmmm… I think an animal was here
Fri, 7/10 @ 10 AM – Fri, 7/17 @ 10 AM
Example: nest, home, burrow, tracks, scratches bones, fur, or feathers
Observing the environment tells us a lot about what goes on when we’re not around. Most animals are very good about hiding from humans. Biologists often rely on evidence from animal disturbance to track threatened species, or observe changes in populations. Let’s see what you can come up with!
Week #7 (Fri, 7/17 @ 10 AM – Fri, 7/24 @ 10 AM)
Theme: Native plants – identify it!
Examples: Purple Coneflower, Chestnut Oak, High bush Blueberry
Week #8 (Fri, 7/24 @ 10 AM – Fri, 7/31 @ 10 AM)
Theme: to be announced