Madison & The Chathams Town-wide Yard Sale
May 4 at 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
RAIN DATE: SUNDAY, MAY 5
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, May 1st @ 11:30 PM to get your address and sale items on the map.
CHECK BACK HERE ON May 3 FOR A DIGITAL MAP OF ALL YARD SALE PARTICIPANTS AND A LIST OF SALE ITEMS.
These documents will also be shared in local media and on town sites.
One person’s trash is another person’s treasure. Now is the time to start checking your closets, basement, and garage for those hidden treasures and prepare to host a yard sale at the at this community event. Scroll to the bottom of this page and register to have your address and a list of your items for sale to appear on a digital, printable map. The map will be linked to this page and publicized far and wide to potential shoppers. You must be a resident of Chatham Township, Chatham Borough or Madison to list your sale.
Registration Fee: $10 tax-deductible donation to benefit Great Swamp Watershed Association.
Everyone else, mark your calendar for May 4 to get out and shop sustainably at this amazing three-town-wide yard sale! Be sure to check back here on May 3 before you head out to download the map.
Happy sales to you!
Frequently asked questions:
- Why pay to be on the map? Over the last three years, we have found that our town-wide sales attract shoppers from across NJ—and Pennsylvania. We promote the sale (and the map) in local media and on popular garage sale sites.
- Can I have a sale without paying to be on the map? Yes. Residents of the Chathams and Madison are welcome to hold sales on their own.
- Do I need to pay a permit fee ? No. The permit fee for this event has been waived for residents of Madison and The Chathams.
- Should I put up a sign if I’m on the map? Yes. Signs will attract additional customers who are just driving by.
- Who do I contact with questions? Please direct all questions to the Environmental Commission of The Chathams and Madison at MEC@rosenet.org
- What should I do with my yard sale leftovers? Our goal is to have the yard sale be zero waste. Contact following organizations to arrange pickups of your leftovers:
- Vietnam Veterans of America (vva.org)
- Lupus Foundation of America (Lupuspickup.org)
- GreenDrop (gogreendrop.com)
- Market Street Mission – clothing only, please (marketstreet.org)
- In addition, Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore (morrisrestore.org/donate) does some pickups; it accepts antiques, furniture, flooring, brand new plumbing, painting supplies, doors and more.
To register below, change the quantity from 0 to 1 and click “ADD TO CART” to begin the process.